If you’re like most leaders, you’d welcome the opportunity to focus on your own professional and personal development. Perhaps you’d like advice on how to manage conflict, negotiate competing agendas, make better decisions, or mentor your team. Or, you might be searching for a confidant to listen to your ideas and concerns. With one-on-one coaching, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an experienced leader who can help you discover your talents, achieve your goals, and get energized by your work.
Who is a candidate for one-on-one coaching?
- New leaders who need to be fast-tracked to success.
- CEO’s who feel isolated or seek a trusted partner.
- Succession candidates who need self-awareness and targeted development.
- Technically proficient individuals who desire the political savvy to promote and gain acceptance for their ideas.
- Soft-hearted leaders in need of tools for making tough decisions and building accountability.
- Executive women who want complete acceptance as a professional.
- Established leaders who are facing burnout.
- Anyone who wants to invest time in becoming a great leader.
How does it work?
- Coaching Kick-Off
Our Coaching Kick Off starts with our Expectations Meeting between you and your supervisor. (If you’re a CEO, you could include a member of your Board of Directors.) During this meeting, we take time to get to know each other, to understand the goals of the program, and outline our approach. Then, the Kick Off continues with our first one-on-one meeting to learn about your background, current environment, goals and dreams.
- Discover Your Talents
During the discovery phase, we utilize a variety of assessments to help you identify your strengths and what you could do better or differently. This process includes a 360° feedback assessment to give you insight about the perceptions of others. The result of this process is a detailed plan for your professional and personal growth. This plan serves as our guide for the balance of the coaching engagement.
- Achieve Your Goals
During this phase, we’ll give you the tools, tips, and techniques to capitalize on your strengths. We’ll discuss the challenges you face in your day-to-day work. And, we’ll share ideas for accomplishing your goals. Sometimes, this phase includes broader meetings with your direct reports or peers, depending on the nature of your concerns.
- Boost Your Energy
Once you’ve built new skills and habits, we hold your feet to the fire to make sure you stick to the plan. In our books, learning equals change. So, we work hard to make sure you succeed. We also focus on your long-term goals to help you find complete fulfillment in your work and personal life.