With over 2.5 million copies sold, Patrick Lencioni’s book, “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team” shares an enlightening and compelling story of a team’s journey to success. And now, this simple, yet relevant story has been turned into a powerful assessment and team building experience for your work group.
Learn more from Patrick Lencioni, the author of “The Five Dysfunctions of a Team”.
The Dysfunctional Team
A dysfunctional team can be characterized by many behaviors. You might see that team members:
- Do not speak openly or honestly with one another.
- Do not respect the talents and perspectives of their teammates.
- Meet in either states of artificial harmony or unproductive conflict (or both).
- Waste time with politics, gossip and behind the scenes meetings.
- Can’t agree to decisions, leading to inaction or leaving team members to do their own things.
- Complain about other team members to the team leader.
- Operate in silos and focus on their individual goals, rather than the collective goals of the team.
- Don’t get the expected results.
Are any of these dysfunctions happening with your team?
The Cohesive Team
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Uses strong trust as a foundation for speaking openly about strengths and weaknesses.
- Have open and respectful communication that leads to unfiltered, yet healthy conflict.
- Builds commitment to decisions with a clear call to action for each team member.
- Has the ability to hold each other accountable for individual actions and behaviors.
- Maintains a focus on clear and common results, in addition to individual performance goals.
And now, getting there is even easier with The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive TeamTM!
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team is a trademark of John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team is an assessment-based learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build a truly collaborative and effective team. And, as a Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Partner, our goal is to deliver a high quality experience that reflects our commitment to your success.
Where We Start: Team Discovery
Team members complete the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Profile to formally evaluate their approach to Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability, and Results. The team will also identify ways to improve teamwork in an objective, survey format.
Powered by Everything DiSC®, each team member will also receive an individualized profile to help them understand how their styles contribute to the level of teamwork among the group. They’ll also get customized recommendations for capitalizing on their strengths, communicating with their teammates, and building commitment and accountability for results.
Growth Through Team Building
Over time, we work with you and your team to build the elements of a high performing, cohesive team. This might include:
- Building Trust
- Communicating Strategically
- Creating Healthy Conflict
- Building Commitment, Consensus & Team Problem Solving
- Accountability In Action
- Managing Clear and Common Goals
Our team building sessions can take place at your office, at our comfortable conference center, or at another off-site location. We take the time to understand your objectives and the spirit you’d like to see in the sessions. Our team building sessions can include deep discussions, active planning and problem solving, and even, crazy games.
Don’t delay. Call us at 716-845-5548 to get started!
Concerned about time? Typically, the best way to build a cohesive team is by focusing on one challenge at a time. A couple of hours dedicated each month to open and constructive conversation will have your team functioning at a high level in just a few months.